Sunday, February 17, 2008

My First Miss Deaf NC Event!





So this past week even though I was busy with Deaf Awareness Week I was able to go to one school around here and visit with a deaf girl there. The school was School #3 and the girl I spoke with was Phyllis. Her entire class was so glad I was there! They were the most well behaved class and they knew the role of an interpreter so they were able to talk to me while my interpreter was able to voice for me. that is so cool! Phyllis was shy but she's definately a sweet sweet girl! I spoke about my life and how I was raised oral but then learned ASL when I came to college. They loved asking me questions and the HOT question of the Day was Myrtle Beach and who has been. They apparently love Myrtle Beach! Here's clips from my time there!

No comments: