Sunday, February 17, 2008

CPCC Central Campus Valentine's Gala




Hey Everyone and Happy *belated* Valentines! As you all know from previous Post I went to CPCC for a Valentines Gala! It was held at Central campus in Downtown Charlotte and I just LOVE Charlotte city lights:) I did get lost on the way there but I made it out alright:) It was a blast as I met so many new Deaf people and saw old friends. Speaking of old friends I ran into a girl who I had known from elementary school and I hadn't seen or heard from her in 10 years. She is now pursuing an interpreter degree at CPCC and is in their ITC program. I was so in shock when she approached me! WOW! God never ceases to amaze me! We had a wonderful time as we picked a Valentines King and Queen and then ate and mingled with one another. After eating we resumed the program as I came to the stage to perform my Miss Deaf NC talent from the pageant and then they made announcement about fundraising for our trip to New Orleans in the summer for the pagent then. THEN Senette surprised me with a Birthday announcement! The whole audience sang happy birthday to me and she gave me a present! Its a beautiful container to put my favorite perfume in! So then I got to start the drawing for the Door Prizes! I love being a part of all the fun! :-)


Anyways as I close I hope to see you all this upcoming weekend at the Deaf Expo in Greensboro! See you there! :-)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey Carole!!!
I dont know if you remember me... I was your contestants coordiator at Miss Deaf NC. I just want to let u know I have enjoyed read your blogs and pictures. Keep it up! Cant wait to read your blog about Deaf Expo visit and the pictures as well!

Warmest regards

Katie