Friday, February 1, 2008

Life of a college student

So as most of you know I'm a college student and life sure is crazy sometimes! This past week was extremely busy and stressful as my best friend her boyfriend was put in the hospital for emergency appendicitis surgery and has been in there all week. Me, my boyfriend Brett, my best friend Deborah, and my roommate (and chaperone from the pageant) sarah all made a trip up there today to visit him again. He's going to be released hopefully sometime tomorrow! Thats great news!

Aside to friends life on campus is busy even if Im only taking 15.5 credit hours. I'm also the President of Deaf Club and we're busy planning for Deaf Awareness Week. Every year we hold one week to educate the campus/community about Deaf. The 2nd to last night of the week we hold Deaf Performance Night. Its going to be a lot of fun as last year the performance was close to 3 hours!!! Deaf Awareness week will be Feb 11-16th this year and if you would like to come to support us, feel free to contact me for the schedule! I would love to see others from the community come!

Check back later for more details about my appearances! I will let you know as I find out!
As for now, I will be appearing at the CPCC Valentines Gala Feb. 16 and I will be at the Deaf Expo in Greensboro, NC on Feb 23. I hope to see you all there! :-)

*SMILES*
Carole

No comments: